Posts Tagged ‘tomato’
There is nothing like homemade pizza. And my man tosses the best pizza pie!
For a quick weekday dinner, we buy the dough in a frozen ball (found in the deli at the grocery store).
Defrost it on the counter all day.
We like either Don Pepino or Furmano’s canned pizza sauce.
Most of the family eats cheese (just a lot of shredded mozzarella), and mama likes veggies.
Tonight my slice was sweet onion, fresh basil, and sliced and pitted kalamata olives. MMMMMM!
My typical corners have any of the following: sliced tomato, feta cheese, pesto sauce, banana pepper slices, bell pepper (green, or red/yellow/orange), basil, kalamatas, and ALWAYS sweet onion.
. . . il mio piatto preferito? Pizza con pomodoro e cipolla.
Great recipe to bring to a party!
Layer on a serving platter or quiche dish, in this order:
- 1 can Kuner’s Southwestern Black Beans do NOT drain (I like Jalapeño with Lime Juice)
- 1 or 2 diced avocados
Mix together and spread on top:
- 1 16-oz. container sour cream
- 1 1-oz. package taco seasoning
Add fresh pico de gallo salsa made with:
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 sweet or Vidalia onion
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- juice of 1/2 lemon or lime (taste it and perhaps you’ll use both halves)
- fresh cilantro, chopped (a handful)
- olive oil (splash)
- salt & pepper
- Tabasco pepper sauce (a few shakes) or part of a fresh jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese or Mexican Style Finely Shredded Cheese (a blend of Cheddar, Monterey Jack & other cheeses)
This is so delicious and people always ask for the recipe!