Posts Tagged ‘delicious’
A hearty breakfast which is delicious and healthy is Greek yogurt with unsweetened Muesli.
Today I’m eating CHOBANI brand yogurt, which is all natural and made in NY state!
Great recipe to bring to a party!
Layer on a serving platter or quiche dish, in this order:
- 1 can Kuner’s Southwestern Black Beans do NOT drain (I like Jalapeño with Lime Juice)
- 1 or 2 diced avocados
Mix together and spread on top:
- 1 16-oz. container sour cream
- 1 1-oz. package taco seasoning
Add fresh pico de gallo salsa made with:
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 sweet or Vidalia onion
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- juice of 1/2 lemon or lime (taste it and perhaps you’ll use both halves)
- fresh cilantro, chopped (a handful)
- olive oil (splash)
- salt & pepper
- Tabasco pepper sauce (a few shakes) or part of a fresh jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese or Mexican Style Finely Shredded Cheese (a blend of Cheddar, Monterey Jack & other cheeses)
This is so delicious and people always ask for the recipe!
Okay so if most of your family doesn’t like seafood you can’t make traditional caesar dressing with anchovies.
We’ve found a delicious substitute which makes us want to have extra helpings of salad!
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest (I zest the entire lemon with my Microplane and add it all)
- 3 TBSP. fresh lemon juice (Always use a real lemon – never bottled!)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (always use fresh garlic – never from a jar. I press two large cloves with my Garlic Press.)
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 2/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (I use Real Salt from Utah.)
Eat with crusty bread and red wine.