Easy Toffee Chocolate bars (homemade salted toffee bars)
Posted June 25, 2013on:
|EASY TOFFEE CHOCOLATE BARS|
|“You can’t eat just one!”|
- 1 box Club Crackers (not saltines)
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup or 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 12 oz. pkg. milk chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup diced pecans or sliced almonds
- coarse sea salt
- non-stick baking spray (such as Baker’s Joy or PAM)
- aluminum foil or non-stick foil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line 9″x12″ pan with non-stick foil, or foil sprayed with cooking spray.
Line pan with club crackers.
Put pan in oven for 3 to 5 minutes until crackers float. Remove pan from oven.
Sprinkle with 12 ounce package of milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
When melted, spread chocolate with spatula.
Cover with nuts or coarse sea salt.
The salt complements the rich buttery toffee.
AMAZING and easy!