Caesar Dressing (vegetarian)
Posted August 17, 2011on:
Okay so if most of your family doesn’t like seafood you can’t make traditional caesar dressing with anchovies.
We’ve found a delicious substitute which makes us want to have extra helpings of salad!
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest (I zest the entire lemon with my Microplane and add it all)
- 3 TBSP. fresh lemon juice (Always use a real lemon – never bottled!)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (always use fresh garlic – never from a jar. I press two large cloves with my Garlic Press.)
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 2/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (I use Real Salt from Utah.)
Eat with crusty bread and red wine.